DEVNET is a privately held company that was founded in 1997 on the principles of providing integrated software and hardware solutions to local government. DEVNET has provided dynamic and flexible Appraisal, Assessment, Collections and Online Inquiry solutions to local government for over 20 years.
The DEVNET products, services and customer experiences have proven positive as DEVNET currently serves a total of over 90 jurisdictions spanning across Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Virginia and Wisconsin.
The full DEVNET Edge® suite of solutions includes CAMA, Field Data Collection, Property Tax Assessment Administration, Personal Property, Mobile Homes, Special Assessments, Tax Calculation, Tax Billing & Collection, Distribution, Delinquent Tax Processing, Tax Claims, Permitting and Zoning, Records Management, wEdge e-government with shopping cart and subscriber features, GIS integration and Tax Bill & Notice Printing & Mailing Services.
Position Title: Customer Support / Help Desk
Job Type: Full Time
Position Summary: DEVNET is seeking an experienced Help Desk associate. This position is responsible providing support to the user community and is the primary contact for all software support assisting with usability issues, operational definitions, change requests, and enhancements to our software applications.
- Must be proficient with tracking cases from open to close and documenting call resolution
- Must be able to independently analyze data and develop appropriate solutions
- Must show initiative, reliability, and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks
- Take ownership and responsibility for cases called in or assigned to you
- Excellent follow-through with minimal management
- Replicate customer problems, test fixes and document solutions for use by the Software Support Team
- Ability to interact effectively with both non-technical users and highly technical users
- Contribute to knowledge database for each software component supported, by working alone or in a team-based environment, to establish best practices
- Must be highly capable of developing and maintaining technical and procedural knowledge
- Repair problems via remote access on client system installations
- Special projects as assigned
- Software technical support call center experience and knowledge coupled with strong customer services skills.
- Excellent math and problem solving skills.
- Preferred hands on experience with SQL server, scanning, imaging, Microsoft Office.
- Strong reading comprehension skills.
- Home computer, preferably with dual monitors, to log in remotely to Devnet hosted computers.
- Customer support skills; listening, patience, clear communication, and a drive to learn and research problems on your own.
- A casual working environment and competitive salary.
- Excellent benefit package including Medical and Dental.
- Vacation and sick time.
- 401 (k)