DEVNET is a privately-held company founded in 1997 on the principles of providing integrated software and hardware solutions to local government. Today DEVNET is a leading nationwide provider of integrated appraisal, assessment, collection, and e-government solutions to more than 100 jurisdictions in ten states.
Position Title: Network Technician
Job Type: Full Time
DEVNET is seeking a skilled and motivated Network Technician who can provide quality support to our internal team and external clients. This position requires providing technical assistance via phone, email, remote sessions, and in-person interactions. You will be responsible for supporting in-office, remote workers, and traveling field employees in addition to external clients across the country. You will deploy servers, workstations, software, and devices, perform necessary software patches and configuration changes, and handle hardware repairs. This role requires the ability to work independently and as part of a team, effectively managing tasks and ensuring comprehensive documentation in our corporate ticket system.
Hybrid work environment: Applicants must live within commuting distance of the DEVNET Sycamore, Illinois, or Chattanooga, Tennessee, Offices.
- Deploy and troubleshoot Windows workstations and servers.
- Printer/peripheral deployment and maintenance.
- iOS and Android device deployment and issue resolution.
- Software deployment and problem resolution.
- Network and cloud administrative functions
- Create and maintain technical procedure documentation.
- Utilize and modify Windows batch, PowerShell, VB script, and SQL scripts.
- Utilize and modify SSIS packages.
- Develop, deploy, and maintain C# console application and Windows services.
- Monitor and respond to IT services status.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Demonstrated initiative, reliability, and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and balance multiple tasks
- Take ownership and responsibility for tickets assigned
- Skill in replicating problems, determining causes, testing and deploying fixes, and documenting solutions.
- Effective communication skills with both technical and non-technical users.
- Experience with and a solid understanding of network topology, protocols, and cabling.
- Proficiency in Windows Batch, PowerShell, VB, and SQL scripting.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience deploying and supporting Windows workstations and servers in an IT firm or organizational IT department.
- Preferred: 1 year C# programming experience.
- Preferred: A+ and/or Microsoft certification.
- A casual working environment and competitive salary.
- Excellent benefits package, including Medical and Dental.
- Vacation and sick time.
- 401 (K) Plan.