Must Live within driving distance of the DEVNET Sycamore, Illinois, or Chattanooga, Tennessee, Offices. Hybrid work environment
DEVNET is a privately-held company founded in 1997 on the principles of providing integrated software and hardware solutions to local government. Today DEVNET is a leading nationwide provider of integrated appraisal, assessment, collection, and e-government solutions to more than 100 jurisdictions in ten states.
Position Title: Network Technician
Job Type: Full Time
Position Summary: DEVNET is seeking a skilled Network Technician who can provide quality support to our internal team and external clients over the phone, via email, through remote sessions, and in person. This technician will be supporting in-office, remote workers, and traveling field employees in addition to external clients across the country. The technician will deploy workstations, software, and other devices. The technician will apply the needed software fixes and configuration changes and/or hardware repairs. This candidate must be able to function individually as well as in a team, working quasi-independently and managing a workload that will include reporting detailed notes in the corporate ticket tracking system.
- Windows workstation/server deployment and troubleshooting.
- Printer/peripheral deployment and maintenance.
- iOS and Android device deployment and issue resolution.
- Software deployment and problem resolution.
- Create and maintain technical procedure documentation.
- Using/modifying Windows batch, PowerShell, VB script, and SQL scripts.
- Using/modifying SSIS packages
- Create, deploy, and maintain C# console application and Windows services.
- IT services status monitoring and response.
- Network and cloud administrative functions
- Must be a self-starter that is able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must show initiative, reliability, and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and balance multiple tasks
- Take ownership and responsibility for tickets assigned
- Replicate problems, determine causes, test/deploy fixes, and document solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both non-technical users and highly technical users
- 3 years’ experience deploying and supporting Windows workstations and servers in an IT firm or organizational IT department.
- 1 year C# programming experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of network topology, protocol, and cabling.
- Experience with Windows Batch, PowerShell, VB, and SQL scripting.
- A+ and/or Microsoft certification preferred.
- A casual working environment and competitive salary.
- Excellent benefit package including Medical and Dental.
- Vacation and sick time.
- 401 (K) Plan.