Data Analyst SQL Programmer
DEVNET is an industry leading technology company that serves the public sector providing integrated Government Software Solutions. DEVNET is a privately held company that was founded in 1997 on the principles of providing integrated software and hardware solutions to local government and has continued to experience 18-20% growth each year. As a technology company, we are focused on technical development and stability in the market. DEVNET devotes over one third of annual revenue to research and development.
The DEVNET integrated Appraisal and Property Tax Software products, services and customer experiences have proven positive as DEVNET currently serves a total of over 100 jurisdictions spanning across Illinois, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Virginia and Wisconsin. We typically add one to two new markets per year. DEVNET is positioned to continue growing and offering the best solution available in the marketplace.
The full DEVNET Edge® suite of solutions includes CAMA, Field Data Collection, Property Tax Assessment Administration, Personal Property, Mobile Homes, Special Assessments, Tax Calculation, Tax Billing & Collection, Distribution, Delinquent Tax Processing, Tax Claims, Permitting and Zoning, Records Management, wEdge e-government with shopping cart and subscriber features, GIS integration and Tax Bill & Notice Printing & Mailing Services.
Position Title: Data Analyst/SQL Programmer
Job Type: Full Time
Position Summary: DEVNET is seeking an experienced Data Analyst/SQL Programmer. The applicant must have a profound understanding as to how data is extracted, transferred and loaded. The applicant will query and analyze data in a Microsoft SQL environment. The primary role will be to gather, analyze and document data reporting requirements, develop accurate and efficient SQL queries to collect the required data and present the data in comprehensive and concise manner developed in the appropriate format for the given data and audience. The position performs such tasks both individually and as a team. The position reviews, analyzes and modifies analytical methodologies to include coding, testing, debugging and documenting to support the organizations requirements. The position also assists other developers/analysts in conceptualizing and developing new programs or tests.
- Executing data conversions
- Analysis, programming and reporting from the perspective of stored procedures, user defined functions and complex SQL
- Write performance optimized SQL sub-queries and derived queries
- Understand relational data and have the ability to reverse engineer relationships
- Devises solutions to system-related problems and issues. Involves frequent communication and close user cooperation with other support staff.
- Works with users for support of existing application software and training in the use of new application software.
- Software Development Experience
- Must be proficient in and have experience with MS SQL Server
- Relational Database Design
- Solid knowledge of system design and architecture
- Microsoft SQL Server
- General Structured Query Language (SQL Knowledge)
- Visual Programming
- A casual working environment and competitive salary
- Excellent benefit package including Medical and Dental
- Vacation and sick time